[access-uk] So, what about the Vi-Player?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "VI-Genaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-genaccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <RNIBTalkingBooksArena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:48:36 +0100

We've all been talking about the Victor Stream, seemingly being
launched about now, but I hear now of the Vi-Player?  Seems Calibre
have had a hand in its development, but it is another portable MP3
player.

Seems we might find out something in the Reading Room at SV - (this
curtasy of Terry What Not's site.

Clicking on the link gives me a time out in Firefox, but this is what
I've gleaned from a Googled cashed page.

  _____

Company philosophy

SAKS Electronics was specifically formed to design, manufacture and
distribute the "VI-Player". SAKS Electronics are a privately owned
British company and have worked with some of the best known names in
the industry to design the ultimate MP-3 player for visually impaired
users.

Calibre Cassette Library have been heavily involved during the design
and manufacturing process of "VI-Player" and this has given SAKS a
unique insight into the needs and requirements of visually impaired
users. Also, due to the user-friendly nature of the player the unit is
ideal for all users who may have deteriorating eyesight or just simply
want an easy to use device for playback of audio files.

"VI-Player" will open up a whole world of MP-3 entertainment to all
users, audio files (whether they are music or audio-books) can be
easily loaded and played from either the internet or from existing
libraries using SD card technology. The voice-guidance software will
guide you precisely through the easy-to-use menu system and take you
exactly to what you want to listen to. The unique "Intelligent
Pause/Resume" function will ensure you never lose your place while
listening.

At SAKS Electronics we have a passion for what we do - and we believe
you will see this in our product. "VI-Player" has been specifically
designed with the needs of visually impaired users in mind and offers
the very latest in technology whilst remaining easy to use.

Innovation lies at our heart, we constantly challenge convention.
Through fresh thinking we are continually first with new ideas and
products that seize the initiative. Even as we've grown we have stayed
innovative; striving to create our next advance. This ensures you will
always be offered products that take full advantage of opportunities
and technologies available, "VI-Player" is only the first product to
be offered by SAKS Electronics and over the coming years more new and
exciting products will be added.

We are committed to working in partnership with experts - knowing what
core skills are a part of SAKS, and refining these - knowing what
expertise others have and working with them. We created "VI-player" by
listening to experts who know what users require and by using
manufacturers who are the best in their chosen field and have a
commitment to making the very best product possible. Innovation,
partnership and commitment to excellence - three hallmarks of the way
we approach business.

(End of exstract)

So, just another MP3 player?  Or what?

Yours, intrigued.