[access-uk] Re: Sling Box

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 11:31:08 +0100

"But what seems odd to me is that normally your UPLOAD speed
is way below your download speed.  So what's the quality
going to be like?"

It seems reasonably clear that the client application from which you access
your Slingbox dynamically adjusts compression.  I would presume this is done by
sending messages back to your Slingbox so in any event it is unlikely to be
full bandwidth 1080p.  The system requirements state that a minimum 256Kbps
upstream is required and higher upstream obviously gives you better output.

http://uk.slingmedia.com/page/tech_specs.html

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology