[access-uk] Re: Slightly Off Topic - Sound Beacons

  • From: "Tracy Lloyd" <tracy_lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:25:55 +0100

Or how about the electronic locater device available from the Science Museum
shop?  It comes with four tags, each of which emit a different bleeping
sound.  There are four buttons on the handheld device that comes with it,
each button corresponds to a different tag.  Once you've pressed the button,
the tag will be activated and will sound it's bleeping sound.  Of course the
sound beacon as I remember it was pretty loud, and these tags are not as
loud as that, but they will certainly help someone I think in certain
circumstances.  They are good for say ataching to the handle of your hotel
room door so you can easily find your room again.  Just activate the tag as
you are coming down the corridor and you'll hear where your door is and can
cue your dog in to find it or locate your door yourself if you are a cane
user.  Also you can atach the tags to your luggage, so when the person
giving you assistance leaves your case somewhere else in the carriage and
you don't know where, press your button and you'll hear where it is.  They
are quite useful, but not sure if they are exactly what Mel is looking for,
but thought I'd send this anyway just for other folks who may be interested.

Regards,

Tracy Lloyd.