[access-uk] Re: Skype query

  • From: Chris & Doris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:52:50 -0500

Not currently with any screenreader that I am aware of - though I do not know if and how well the skype scripts for win eyes 7.x work with skype 4.0.

If you are using jaws, the skypewatch feature does not presently work with skype 4.0.

However, the SKRead plugin or the skype and speak plugins for Miranda will give you this functionality via sapi speech.

skye has promised to come out with a new version that implements full accessibility features. it is my hope that at the time when they do, this will allow screenreaders to get the information you require.

hth

Doris

At 08:18 PM 3/6/2009 +0000, you wrote:
hi guys, I'm at the moment running Skype 4 on my laptop.
I would like the Skype program to announce in coming and out going contacts by name, and not by an alert sound.
Can this be achieved?,

Billy

Dinky Doo