[access-uk] Re: Skype again

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 22:08:56 -0000

Hi Ron - Sorry for any confusion, but in an earlier thread, I had been talking
about Skkype for mobiles, not from the computer.

I see on the Skype website, that Skype To go, has been barred in Morocco, the
country from which I want to call back to the UK. I just wish I could get 2
things confirmed: 1. if I just use the standard pay as you go Skype for
mobiles, will I still be able to call from Morocco to the UK using wifi. 2.
what the call charges are per minute.

I'm assuming Skype To Go is quite a different service to pay as you go, it
seems to involve some kind of call operator connection. Apparently there has
been some fraud in certain country, such as China, and Morocco, and therefore
it has been barred, but I'm not sure if the same is the case for Skype PAYG. -

Andy