[access-uk] Re: Skype

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:18:45 +0100

Hi all.
Please try this direct download link. http://skype.com/go/getskype-full. The "-full" suffix allows you to download the full package, just in case the normal package fails for some reason. As for your question Jim, there is no 64 bit version of Skype. What probably happened is you downloaded a corrupt copy, hence the message about it not being a valid win32 application.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 25/04/2011 20:11, Jim Doherty wrote:
Hi List,
I’ve just downloaded skype 5.3* onto my win7 64bit laptop. However, when
I tried to install it, it is saying it’s not a valid 32bit application.
Is their a 64bit version of skype? It seems a bit strange that it won’t
install onto my 64bit machine. Any help will be appreciated.
Jim