[access-uk] Re: Sky power pack problem solved!

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:16:18 -0000

Hi Jackie,

lol!

I rang VM's Tech Support line when we moved house to get our broadband re-activated after the wires had been installed.

I told the guy on the phone I had no IP from them, I was just getting, 00.000.00.00, and thus had no live connection.

He refused point blank to do anything untill I could tell him what the lights where!

I explained to him that I worked as a Sys Engineer and dealt with networks day in and out in work and I'd given him sufficient info to tell me what to do to re-connect us to the net.

I dont' curse or yell with them but my blood does boil and I probably end up after the 3rd or 4th attempt to help them understand you dont' need to see the lights sounding rather rude and arrigant which is even more upseting.

I think the whole lights on modem thing should be scrapped from their scripts as it's totally unnecessary for anything other than the power light and even that's not really needed as you can feel if the things warm of powers going into it, or even hear it if you stick your ear right up to it.

As well as all this their software diag tools can check an awful lot of stuff and it's beyond me why they dont' just get on with it.

I ended up ringing back the next day and spoke to someone who was much more helpful and even fascinated at how much info I gave him and shock horror was also blind. I didn't mind some of his ignorance because it was an innocent ignorance and he was being very helpful and some people just don't know.

These are the people I will always make the effort, excruciating as it can be at times, to educate rather than ridicule.

Dj Paddy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>