[access-uk] Re: Sky not talking a lot?

  • From: "Damon Rose" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 08:35:51 +0100

I love the use of the word 'some' in the following sentence from Sky's
website:  "For the first time Sky customers will be able to hear some of
the on screen text"

They could quite easily have used the phrase "a bit of text"  or  "less
text than the rest of our customers experience for less money" in place
of the word 'some' here.

I think this is a crying shame. Sky have gone to what I'm sure is a big
effort to get this home install program going. But why would I want a
gizmo that tells me I've hit the rewind button after I've hit the rewind
button? Or says the word 'play' all over the beginning of the program
I'm about to watch. But seemingly there will be little point in me being
told it's a play button if I can't play anything off the sky+ menu due
to its continued inaccessibility anyway.

But I'm still not convinced by what I've read even on the website due to
the bad communication to date. I still wouldn't be at all surprised if
it was able to read the EPG.

Sighties would be starting a Facebook group about this round about now.

...Damon