[access-uk] Re: Sky Talker

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 07:57:57 +0100

Hi Ian

Many thanks for clarifying this for me.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.work-ability.co.uk
-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ian Robinson
Sent: 05 June 2011 14:25
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Sky Talker

Hi Jackie,

The Sky Talker will announce the channel name, channel number, the programme
name and, if required, the programme synopsis.  This is for both a live
programme and a recording being played.

It does not give access to the programme guide, list of recordings, system
menus, or any on-screen dialogues.

The info on the Sky and RNIB web sites claims that the Sky Talker will read
the Search and Scan banner.  This is incorrect!

the Search and Scan banner appears at the bottom of the screen and allows
sighted users to use the cursor keys to see what is on other channels and
what will be on the current channel later.  It can also be used for setting
recordings or reminders.  Sky Talker will not announce any of this
information.

Regards.

Ian