[access-uk] Re: Sky Talker

  • From: "John Land" <johndon.land@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 18:34:27 +0100

You're absolutely right. The sound Is squeezed and compressed by the sky talker if you are getting your audio via tthe scart output. The little preamp is very low grade, and also adds audible hiss. You can effect a direct comparrison by listening to a channel with the talker, and pulling out the power supply plug at the back of the unit. The talker has been developed and built using low-grade components, and is a bit of a "pig in a poke".

John
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Robinson" <ian456@xxxxxx>