[access-uk] Re: Sky HD

  • From: "TONY CRETNEY" <rac@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:06:48 -0000

I have known this kind of thing to happen in the past.  While attempting to
watch one of the movie channels I found that I could get no sound and spoke to
reps from Sky who after  a long period of talking me through various procedures
on the phone decided that it was my viewing card which was at fault and told me
to ring back the next day if the fault was still there and they would send me a
new card.  It was only after going off the phone that i remembered that the
A.D. was on and switched it off with the same result as you got when doing so,
the sound returned on the channel where it had previously been missing.  The
only problem then was that i had missed the film, which I watched a few days
later.
i have to point out that this happened a few years ago well before H.D. was
ever thought of.
Tony