[access-uk] Sky HD

  • From: "Maggie Norton" <maggie.norton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:47:41 -0000

For all people using an HD box from sky, you may be interested in a problem I
have identified.
I found that there was no audio on Channel4 HD.
I contacted Sky and an engineer came today.
He could not explain the reason, no other HD channels were affected.
So, he assumed it must be a fault with the box, and so replaced it.
After he had gone, I got an error message to say there was a fault with my
viewing card. So, rang them again, with great visual-impairment difficulty,I
followed her instructions to remove and replace the card! I re-set my settings,
including audio description.
Guess what, on going to Channel4 HD again, no audio again!
Phoned them yet again, I was a very unhappy and stressed bunny, and thanks to
my original report, they agreed that this was a fault which they were
previously unaware of!
I found when I switched off audio description, yes, I got audio back on
Channel4 HD!
What a performance!
Yes, they thanked me for bringing this to their attention, but there was no
compensation for the stress or cost of the many phone calls I had had to make!
Reluctantly, finally, she agreed to reduce my next bill by £5! I had suggested
£20!
I await information on how they proceed with the fault!
Thought I ought to let others know!
Cheers,
off to watch HD apart from Channel 4!
Maggie