[access-uk] Re: Sight Village

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:44:36 +0100

I used a program called XPlay but it wasn't free. Maybe anapod will do a similar job, XPlay is a way of transfering music without all the extra iTunes stuff that you may not want for basic use. Oh and its accessible but I say look at anapod first because I think its free.

At 09:11 18/07/2008, you wrote:
Hi Yusuf

With the utmost respect to what Brian does, the problem with scripts for Itunes that he produces is that every time there is a JAWS upgrade, then scripts have to be written to keep up with that version. I just want to be able to plug my Ipod into my PC and transfer across any stuff I want to load onto it. Is the feature to do this within Windows Explorer, so it comes up like an external hard drive, a free utility?

I'd be very interested to hear of other peoples' experiences with this and the Itell. I was impressed with what it did on an Ipod Cobolt were demonstrating. I don't have an Ipod, but I could be tempted if I could access the software appropriately.

Jackie Cairns

Braille Support Adviser

Email: Jackie.Cairns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sight and Sound Technology Ltd