[access-uk] Re: Severe trouble installing windoweyes for Office.

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 23:14:07 -0500

recent versions of win eyes and jaws can happily coexist - recent as roughly for the last 10 years.

there is an emergency removal tool for win eyes that can be downloaded separtely from gw micro and that will remove win eyes and all traces of it including registry keys if a normal uninstall fails.

hth

Doris

At 06:46 PM 2014/02/28 +0000, you wrote:
Hi all,
Has anyone had trouble putting Windoweyes for Office onto their system.
I have win8 32 bit activated using Classic view in win7 mode, and Office
2013 fully activated.  When I run the downloaded .exe file for windoweyes I
get only one screen with only the windoweyes prompt. I get no further speech
and only after a long time discovered that using real mouse left button
click with NVDA I got the further install screens for Windoweyes. I was not
asked for the key of the my Office 2013, which is fully activated. The
following install was faulty and appeared to be half way to the demo mode.
This would not uninstall in the normal way under ADD/remove programs and I
had to spend hours getting all the entries out of my register using regedit.

I have now got rid of it and I don't really want to see it again unless it
behaves itself.
I was careful to remove Jaws from my system before trying to install
windwoeyes as I was told they conflict.
Regards
Aedan.