[access-uk] Re: Setup Mic.

  • From: "Audrey Tonge" <audrey.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:56:01 +0100

Hi Billy,

Sorry to take so long in replying to your message, I now have the info I
wanted to give you.

The Best way you can do this is to go on For-the-People and in to the Loop
Back room.

Make sure you have the latest Scripts for Jaws.

Now press alt F6 and this will bring up the volume control settings.  Press
tab until you get to the microphone, make sure this is set at 100%.

 Tab again and make sure that the microphone is checked.  Tab once more and
you will hear advanced.  Press the advanced button and make sure that the 20
DB gain is checked, if it is, then uncheck it and check it again, this helps
the sound card to make changes that the chatterbox settings sometimes alter.

Now you can close this advanced settings option, you now need to check the
mike level by using the left control key and see how the volume is.  If it
needs altering you need to go into the adjust volume for recording and play
with the mike volume until you are happy with the volume you are hearing
back.  Once you are happy you can close off the settings and you should be
done.

HTH

Audrey