[access-uk] Setting up the iPod at a new device help please

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:18:23 -0000

 Hi all -

As I haven't managed to resolve my issue regarding the state of my Touch, since
upgrading it's software to version IOS5, I'm considering choosing the set up as
new device option. I'm considering this because all that happens when I turn it
on, is voice over comes up, and for a brief second, lands on the home screen,
saying 'face time' then that is gone, and Voice Over says iPod image, and I'm
at the set up screen, where it asks if I want to back up from iCloud, from
iTunes, or to set it up as a new device. So far when I choose back up from
itunes, the screen that comes up says 'connect to iTunes', so I hook up the pod
to my computer, iTunes opens on the computer, and using the JAWS cursor, I can
read that it is saying "syncing Andy's iPod. Step 6 of 6." I am able to look at
the iPod under device, in iTunes, when it is connected to the computer, and see
all my music and books etc, so it appears to be synced ok, but I just can't get
rid of the screen on the Touch that wants me to back up, or set up as new.

So, if I choose the set up new option, will I actually lose anything? I imagine
that if I lose music and books from the Touch, that when I connect it to iTunes
again, it will sync, and copy all that across, but what about programmes I have
bought from the iTunes store?

Hope somebody can supply some answers before I take the plunge, otherwise
Jackie, it might be my scream you hear all the way over there -

Andy