[access-uk] Setting up a wireless printer

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:30:42 +0100

Hello listers,

We have just purchased an Olivetti Any_Way printer which supports USB, wireless and Bluetooth connections. We have a wireless Netgear router for our internet connection. Our desktop PC has a wired connection to the router and my wife and I have wireless connectivity on our laptops. We have established a network connection to the printer which all machines recognise. We are having trouble setting up a wireless connection from our laptops to the printer. You must connect the printer via USB to install the driver and make subsequent changes. We would like to have our laptops access the printer without the desktop PC having to be switched on. We are wondering if we need a cable from the printer to the router. The printer has one USB connection. Any ideas where we go from here? Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett