[access-uk] Re: Setting up a new identity on a home Pc running XP and JFW6

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:22:11 +0100

Hi,

There is an identity password which should be left blank if you just
want to be able to switch between identities without any prompting for
passwords.  However, you will need to fill in passwords thusly:

POP3 password: per identity dependant on the POP3 account you are using.
Connection password - not sure what you mean by this - if you use dialup
then it should connect through the same connection instance as your
normal account.  If you wish to send out mail through the second
identity, then you need to use the SMTP server of the account you are
connecting to at the time (i.e, most often the same as the primary), to
ensure mail will go out.

This sounds a bit complex, but it was the only way I could think to
explain it.

Thanks.
Andrew.