[access-uk] Setting up a home network

  • From: "Elliott Barnes" <elliottabarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:24:04 +0100

Hi all,
Ok, here's my situation.
I currently have a netbook and a desktop.
As you can probably guess, my desktop is my primary machine, where as my
netbook is fantastic when I'm out-and-about at other peoples houses, etc.
I also have a 160 GB external hard rive that's usually connected to my
netbook so that if I need to, I can easily access my files.
Both of my machines are connected via WLAN to my home network.
I've recently decided that I want to be able to make the files on my 160 GB
drive available to my PC, and I obviously understand that this would only
work if the drive was plugged into my netbook.
I've done some research on the Internet, but all the sites that I've looked
at don't makes much sence.
I was wondering, does anyone know how I would do this?
Thanks a lot,
Elliott.