[access-uk] Setting up a Network

  • From: "Theresa Hodge" <theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 19:38:31 -0000

Hi All

I have a desktop and laptop, both of which I use to connect to the internet
through an ADSL router.  This is working fine.

I'm trying to set up a network between my desktop and laptop so that I can
share files.

When I've run the network setup wizard on my laptop, if I go into My Network
Places, as well as Add Network Place, Network Setup Wizard and Entire Network,
I see "Shared Docs on Equal Access Consultancy Laptop".  If I run the network
setup wizard on my desktop, then I don't see "Shared Docs on Equal Access
Consultancy Desktop" as I thought I would.

If I go into Entire Network on my laptop, under Windows Network, I see "Work"
(the name of the work group), and once I have clicked on this I see both "Equal
Access Consultancy Laptop" and "Equal Access Consultancy Desktop".  If I do the
same on my desktop, I can's see either machine.

I hope that all makes sense!!

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Theresa Hodge
theresa.hodge@xxxxxxxxx