[access-uk] Re: Setting title for columns and rows in ?

  • From: David W Wood <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:31:36 +0100

Ali
I suggest that you take a general look at the verbosity settings.
The one of interest to you is 'title reading'.

1.  place your system cursor in the column and on the row where the
titles are placed.
2. Go to the verbosity menu (ins+v)
3. press T till you hear 'title reading'.
4. Press the space bar till you hear 'both'.
5. press the down arrow twice 'column reading off' is poken.
6. press the space bar 'column reading A (for example)' will be spoken.
7. cursor down again 'row reading undefined'.
8. press space bar and that row number will be spoken.
9. exit the verbosity manager by pressing exc.

job done.

David

In message <4123EBDD28F88743A82B8D147FEEF92D02535E9E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
v.uk>, Ali Amasyali <Ali.Amasyali@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Good morning,
>I have quite a large xls document that I have to work in every morning.
>The problem is since it is quite large, I have to memorise all the
>titles for the columns and rows.  I am just wondering if it is possible
>to set column and row titles that would be read out when changing colons
>or rows?  I am using windows xp with jaws 6.10 and office xp.
>
>I would be grateful if anyone suggest a solution for it.
>thanks.
>
>Ali Amasyali
>National Management Trainee (NMT)
>Hackney Town Hall
>ali.amasyali@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>London Borough of Hackney may exercise its right to intercept any
>communication
>on its networks - for more information see
>http://www.hackney.gov.uk/email_disclaimer.html

>** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>** and in the Subject line type
>** unsubscribe