[access-uk] Setting Up a gmail account on an Apex

  • From: Julie Rodaway <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access uk <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 22:22:38 +0000

Is it possible to do this using a braillenote apex? when I go in to the e-mail directory and fill in all the fields required, it seems to want pop3 and smtp settings which I don't know the info for.

I understand this apex won't work with imap accounts, so I wonder if some kind soul could tell me is gmail an actual imap account anyway?

I've only set this account up on an ipod to get i-messages and e-mails as I couldn't use my main e-mail address to do this, and it would be convenient to check that account on my pc or apex. I'm still a little slow using ipod (grin).

Any help or clarification would be very useful.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Julie.