[access-uk] Serotek Status: Revving Up for the Road Ahead

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 00:47:57 +0000

As quite a few people on list were interested in the serotek roomers circulating over the weekend, i thought i'd forward the following email on to put everyone's minds at rest. the company is certainly not going under it seems.

On 23/11/2014 21:52, Serotek Public Relations wrote:
Revving Up for the Road Ahead

Please do not reply to this message. If you don't wish to receive any more Serotek announcements, activate the link at the end of this message.

Serotek is undergoing some changes to better meet your needs as a digital consumer. The assistive technology industry has been shifting for a while now, and it would be foolish to believe yesterday’s formula will continue to work in today’s age of wearable technology, smart homes, and interconnected media.

Understandably, there may be questions about the longevity of the products and services you have come to rely on. For years Serotek has thought outside the box to deliver the most affordable solutions with the best customer and product support, and there are no plans to reverse this pattern of innovation to meet you where you need us.

You may also be wondering about the future of the SeroTalk Podcast Network, arguably one of the leading content providers on all things technology. There is a time to cover headlines, and there is a time to create them. As long as the community remains interested, SPN will evolve alongside its parent company. For now, we have to deal with the reality of blunt, but truthful, comments such as that left by one loyal customer who wondered if we were finally going to stop socializing on the podcasts and finally get back to product development.

Given the number of conflicting rumors surrounding the popular platform, the story is this: Ownership of SPN was offered to Joe Steinkamp and Ricky Enger under a highly attractive earn-out formula. Serotek offered to continue financing the website, podcast, and production and platform hosting required to maintain a consistent user experience. Serotek is aware of the value they provided to the community. Unfortunately, they elected not to accept this offer. The Serotek team has no doubt Joe and Ricky will be a valuable asset to the community in other capacities and wish them all the best in their new endeavors.

Our goals were not to eliminate people, but rather, to realign the company structure and shift company functions that are hindering growth, steps that were required to keep Serotek from becoming one more casualty of the new landscape. It is unfortunate that three other teammates abruptly opted to follow other directions, but we respect their choices and also wish them the absolute best in whatever they pursue.

Change is sometimes a scary prospect. Yet change moved us away from the cell phone to the smart phone, from the TV to the tablet, and from yesterday’s computer to today’s cloud. We’re working hard to keep you in the middle of it, where you belong. Contrary to competing rumors, Serotek is not down for the count. We’re squarely in your corner and ready to meet the next phase with the same fervor we’re well known for.

Stay tuned. The best is on its way, and you are going to be a part of it.