[access-uk] Re: Seeking - Router/Access Point Recommendation

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:18:16 -0000

Hi Barry,

I have no problem with my WRT300N, I still like it.  But I have seen problem
reports with the new Linksys WRT610, which make me shy away from it.
Trouble with Linksys, is they are very slow to update firmware, and as soon
as they drop a router, like the WRT300N, they stop updating the firmware.  I
believe the Drayteks seem to be favourite on this list, but I haven't had my
hands on one.  I also don't know how good the firewalls are in the Drayteks.

All the best

Steve

  _____