[access-uk] Re: Scan Stand

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 00:48:57 +0100

Hi Eleanor,

It sounds az if this is the same model discussed at length on the VIPHONE list.
In this case, I think I'll pass on this one, thanks.

carol P
Sent from my iPod

On 26 Oct 2013, at 12:43 AM, "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Carol I am sorry I found my way to your Junk Box. This happens with the best of
people so no worries. People are generally best advised to check their junk
from time to time.

The Scan Stand is made by a gentleman in London who presumably designed it in
conjunction with blind and partially sighted people. It costs 30 pounds which
in my opinion is at least 50% too much. Mine arrived in the post broken! It was
sent Articles for the Blind so no postage paid! With the help of a sighted
person I did ascemble it in about 2 minutes, the designer stating that it takes
5 seconds at the most to ascemble. The material would appear to be of the
corigated cardboard type coated in some type of plastic. It looks eloquent when
ascembled, the designer calling it a jerraffe! I have yet to test it with
Prizma. This is the recommended app to use with it. I can pass on details of
the designer if you are interested. As regards pricing I have asked others and
all agree it is way over priced. Apparently there are people who have paid this
full price.