[access-uk] Re: Scan Stand

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:49:55 +0100

Hi Craig.

For what it is mate, the Giraffe is brilliant, its sturdy if you don't misuse it, made of a synthetic plastic cardboard and is easy to unfold and fold away.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: C. M. B.
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 3:49 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Scan Stand

Ibrahim,

Interesting, I had never heard of the Giraffe. I find the StandScan product I imported from the US perfectly fine to use. However I suppose using the Giraffe with something like TextGrabber would be real useful for going through printed books..

Though I have to say, I’d prefer a flimsy cheap cardboard product that I can keep in my folder and take with me than carry around a stand like the way the Giraffe sounds. I’ll have to look into it.

I will note though, I didn’t see all the thread because I had not used this email address for some time and cleared all the mail and started fresh.

Regards,
Craig

On 26 Oct 2013, at 15:41, Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Craig.

The Scan Stand is nothing like the giraffe reader, it is an entirely different product. The Scan Stand is a light box which is open sided and allows for scanning of documents which are in the box, all you have to do is place your IPhone lenses or camera lenses over the hole and take a picture of the object. There are models with internal lighting strips as well as battery packs and a mains adaptor kit. The Giraffe on the other hand is a stand, it holds your IPhone steady for you over your document which you line up on the stand and the support is a longish pillar, hence the name of the product. If you've ever seen the pearl camera or similar, it is the same concept.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: C. M. B.
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:13 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is an interesting thread because I’m concerned for the legality of this product. If this one gentleman in London is apparently manufacturing these I’m very concerned he’s either lying or ripping people off by sourcing this elsewhere.

The, original, product is at this link, and it’s been around for some time.
http://standscan.com

Just a heads up really, don’t mean to poop on anyone’s party.

Regards,
Craig Blake

On 26 Oct 2013, at 13:37, Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Eleanor.

As usual, your missing the point entirely. Sam provides an affordable and affective solution for a price that is fare and reasonable given the competition and his time. If you have a problem with the one you ordered, I'm sure Sam would be more than happy to repair or replace it for you, or are you going to batter him to the ground like you do with everyone else who is unfortunate to cross your path?

-----Original Message----- From: Eleanor Burke
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 10:07 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A very comprehensive reply Ibrahim, Sam did wish to put me in touch with you as a user. I can have an accessable phone for a hundred pounds, or I can have one for 700 pounds. My point being that one is much cheaper than the other. Why Sam has to charge 30 pounds then if I understand you correctly is because the other competition is also 30 pounds. Now take mine, it was broken before it even got to me. I would happily pay 10 pounds for it and at a push 15 pounds. i wonder how long the magnets on it will last. Did you ask Sam to design it Ibrahim?