[access-uk] Sapi 4 drivers

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:48:40 +0100

Over the past few days I have had problems booting up this computer and late
last night when I switched it on, itrefused to boot up at all.  I had someone
here today with sight and somehow he managed to get things working.  I use
window-eyes as my preferred screen reader with ibm via voice as my preferred
speech synthasiser.  I was informed that window-eyes had started but it wasn't
speaking.  I switched to fredom box system access which opened up using
dechtalk access 32 even though I had set it previously to use via voice as the
default synthasiser.  I went into the system acdcess menue and selected sapi 4,
but to my surprise it was one of my sapi 5 voices that came on.  This leads me
to believe that somehow I have lost the sapi 4 drivers.  Can anyone advise on
how I can get these back?

Sorry for the long post.sapi 4