[access-uk] Re: Sainsbury's Web Site changes

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:57:29 +0100

Hi Carol

I shop online at Sainsbury's every week.

Although the page is quite cluttered, it is easy to navigate.

The table for booking delivery slots has been made even easier, in my opinion.
You move your cursor down a table to find the slot you want and press
Enter.  You are then taken to a page that confirms your slot and you press
Continue to do your shopping.

You build up a list of Usuals, which you can find the next time you shop.

When you search for items each new product has a heading, so you can just press
H to go through them.

I use Window-Eyes and find that it is best to press spacebar on the Add to
Trolley button as, if you press Enter, it turns Browse Mode off.

If you need to add more than one item you change the Quantity with Browse Mode
off.

We have had a few mishaps with Sainsbury's, but they were usually my fault.
The delivery staff are always really helpful and friendly.  I am waiting for an
order now.

Nothing is perfect, but I can highly recommend Sainsbury's online shopping.

Pele