[access-uk] SYSTEM RESTORED TO FACTORY SETTINGS - AND NOW

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:47:47 -0000

Hi All,

I'm working on a machine which I've just reformatted and used original
disks to put on all software for the computer when it left the factory.

In order to help the person who is purchasing this, I continued the
installation of 98SE and entered an owner's name in the required field.
(This had to be done to proceed with the remainder of the fresh
install.)

Now it's possible that the original buyer won't have the machine after
all and I'll need either to repeat the above process or find a shortcut
way of changing the owner details.  Is it just a case of tweaking the
Registry and changing one name for another, or are there deep settings
which need to be "got at" and are best done with another new install?

If you can help with this, I'd be most grateful.

Oh, in addition, when does support end for Windows SE from Microsoft and
which of the leading providers of virus scanning software (in addition
to AVG) have already stopped supporting .SE?

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx