[access-uk] Re: SYSTEM FILE CHECKER

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:04:11 +0100

On 16 Jul 2004 at 8:35, carol pearson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I had cause the other day to havde to run System File Checker which got me
> out of a real hole.

Carol,
Thanks for mentioning this.  With Win 98 I used to run SFC from time to time
and
occasionally it asked for the CD and put right a damaged file etc. But in my
ignorance I
thought that it was not available in XP.  I must have a "look" in the Help and
Support
Centre, but, at least with my screen reader, that can be a very frustrating
experience.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison