[access-uk] STILL A TRIAL!!

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:39:48 +0100

Hi all,

First, thanks to those who got me back into my router, from which I was able to load a previously saved configuration.

Unfortunately, this still has not solved my problem ... and I really don't know who can! <GRRR>

I had a similar issue with my last Linksys, which was a separate router and WiFi setup and, because it was older and slower, I was glad to swap it for the WRT300N which I think I've had for getting on for two years now ...

All went well and I had no problems until recently. Now my WiFi seems to keep crashing out ... and I'm not getting to the bottom of the problem. I've blamed the BrailleNote and its rather outdated WEP solution, etc., etc., but in truth I don't know the cause. I just have to keep removing plugs and rebooting and get back in again ... which is all very frustrating!

Can anyone suggest my best course of action. Do I really need to buy another router, or should we be finding another cause?

Thanks for any further help anyone can give with this. I confess I don't know that much about WiFi and routers and mainly get along with the help of others, so all help most welcome. Thanks!

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx