[access-uk] Re: SPAM

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 15:13:54 +0000

Hello Carol,

Personally, what I'd do would be to delete it forever if it's any old spam.
However, if it's spam pretending to be from a company or service that you
regularly deal with, such as your bank, or Amazon, they may be interested in
seeing a copy of the message that's going out in their name, and will often
have an email address like "reportspoof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so you could contact
the company in question and find the right address to send it to. On occasions,
the text of an email will make it clear to you that someone in your area is
trying to diddle you out of your money. In this case, you could also seek
advice about bringing the perpetrators to book, by contacting your local
trading standards people. They should be one of the departments in your county
council, or your unitary authority, whichever is the case in your area.

Hope this helps,
Clive