[access-uk] Re: SOUND CARDS REVISITED

  • From: David W Wood <g3yxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:19:34 +0100

The platinum is in two sections.
The card itself, and an insert to the front panel which is standard five
and a quarter width, and double height with a variety of jacks, quarter
inch, fire wire, midi etc.

i would be interested to hear what software and/or peripherals list
members use with this card.

David

In message <000901c45388$294bd5f0$6401a8c0@FABIAN2>, carol pearson
<carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi All,
>
>I'm narrowing down my choices now and want to buy at the end of the week, if
>possible.  Could those of you with sound cards please supply the following
>information:
>
>CREATIVE LABS 2 ZS PLATINUM - This says "Firewire interface", but also says
>"USB 2 interface".  Does this mean you just plug in externally, or is this
>card placed inside the computer?  Are the external IO Analogue and Digital
>ports in and out?  (Please specify exactly which ports there are.)  Are they
>located on the front of the card (whether internal or external card)?
>
>CREATIVE LABS AUDIGY 2 NX - This is the external model, yes?  What ports
>does it have, please?
>
>Finally
>HERCULES DIGIFIRE 7.1 - Is this an internal or external card and where are
>the ports, please?  This says "Digital in and out connectors".  Does this
>mean you don't really need analogue, or are there circumstances where you
>do?
>
>Thanks for any and all feedback and I apologise that I need to raise this
>again.
>

>--
>Carol
>carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
>** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
>** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
>** or digest mode, send a message, to
>** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
>** faq
>** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.

--
David W Wood