[access-uk] Re: Running old DOS programs

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 00:10:52 -0000

Hi Edward.

This is my forte, so I'd be happy to help you with this, I bought a vintage laptop to give me the experience I had when I was at school, however it is possible to play classic text-based adventure games that you might have played on DOS, however please email me off list and I will help you out here.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Edward Green
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:38 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Running old DOS programs

Hi all,

I quite fancy playing some of the old text-based games that I used to play under MS DOS 6.2 and wonder what is required to do this or whether it’s still possible.

I don’t have any machines running MS Dos, but I do have Windows machines running Windows XP, 7 and 8. I also have a Mac but I imagine it would be easier to do this under Windows.

If this is possible, do I need one of the old DOS screen readers or can the games be made to run under Windows perhaps from a command line?I realise that this is probably of limited interest to the list, so please feel free to write to me privately or to direct me to online sources of information.** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-