[access-uk] Running Psion Wavefinder on Windows XP

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:25:46 +0000

Hello,

I have a Psion Wavefinder, which is a DAB receiver.  I used to run
this on my Windows 98 machine.  Having recently upgraded to Windows
XP Home, I want to install the Wavefinder on to the new
system.  However, on the CD-ROM there are only drivers for Windows
98, 2000 and Millennium, and I have not been able to find any drivers
for XP on the web.

I attempted an installation, but cancelled when the Add New Hardware
wizzard gave me the message that using software not compatible with
XP would harm my system.  So, is it safe to try the Wavefinder on XP,
using the 2000 or Millennium drivers, or should this piece of kit be
consigned to the dustbin of History?

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

Cheers,

Christopher