[access-uk] Routers and modens explainedRe: Re: ROUTERS REVISITED!

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:10:36 +0100

Thank you for that DJ

Peter
----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 3:43 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: ROUTERS REVISITED!

> Router =3D
> . Network layer device that determines the optimal path along which=20
> network
> traffic should be forwarded. Routers forward packets from one network to
> another
> based on network layer information.
> www.astutechnologies.com/glossary.htm
>
> MODEM =3D
> . (MOdulator, DEModulator) A device that you connect to your computer and=
=20
> a phone line, that allows the computer to talk to other computers through
> the
> phone system. Basically, modems do for computers what a telephone does fo=
> humans.
> www.estoreready.com/glossary.html
>
> Cable Modem =3D
> . A modem designed to operate over cable TV lines. Because the coaxial=20
> cable
> used by cable TV provides much greater bandwidth than telephone lines, a
> cable
> modem can be used to achieve extremely fast access to the Internet. Cable
> bandwidth is a very fast and typically reliable choice for Webcam systems=
=20
> if
> the upstream speeds are not significantly restricted.
> www.webcamstore.com/consumer/tutorial/glossary.php
>
> Dj Paddy
> =D4=E0=06
> ----- Original Message -----=20

-
Special message from TalkTalk - Please help in the search for Madeleine McC=
ann=20

Madeleine's aunt, Philomena McCann, has devised an email poster as she fear=
s that Madeleine may have been taken to Spain where the girl's disappearanc=
e has generated less attention.=20

You can download the poster from here
http://news.aol.co.uk/web-appeal-over-missing-madeleine/article/20070510063=
809990001.

Anyone with information should contact the Portuguese police direct on 00 3=
51 282 405 400 (international call rates apply) or contact Crimestoppers an=
onymously on 0800 555 111.