[access-uk] Re: Rosetta Stone

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:23:53 -0400

Unfortuatnely Rosetta Stone's interface as well as the contents are highly graphical and therefore not accessible to someone totally blind. this might not be too great a loss, though,as there are many language programs that are accessible and often much more affordably priced. We just had this question on another list I am on and depending on your target language, maybe we can suggest some alternatives, some of them even free.

hth

Doris

At 01:09 PM 9/19/2011, you wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether the language learning software products from Rosetta Stone are accessible with screen readers? By that, I mean the interface rather than the content of any videos.

The most recent traffic from access technology lists that I can find suggests that they aren't, but this dates back to 2009.

Does anyone know if the situation has changed?

Thanks,

Ed