[access-uk] Re: Rockbox software?.

  • From: Aman Singer <aman.singer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 09:08:25 -0400

Hello, Billy.
Yes, it is certainly possible for a blind user to do the install,
though sighted help is generally required, for the first step of
changing from the media player mode to the MSC mode. I generally have
sighted help around anyhow, just to be sure nothing goes wrong, but
there's no reason whatever that, once the change to MSC mode is made,
you will actually need a sighted person. Since you're using a Clip,
you may also want a sighted person to be sure of the original firmware
on the unit. See
http://www.rockbox.org/manual.shtml
for instructions.
HTH.