[access-uk] RoboBraille

  • From: "Ian Beverley" <iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <brailleuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:41:17 -0000

Hi

As some of you will know, I am looking for people to register to test
out the RoboBraille system.

RoboBraille is an E-mail transcription system which turns text into
either MP3 speech or into electronic Braille.  To gain these
transcriptions, you need to send an E-mail with attached document to
specific E-mail addresses.

As part of the pilot phase of this project, I need for people who are
interested to register at the following addresses:

Pilot.speech.gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pilot.braille.gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can just do the speech or the Braille or both.  It is important that
I do recruit testers as you will play a great part in helping to build
on the current system, make suggestions and give feedback.  Thee are no
strings to registration at all.  Registering is mainly a means of me
keeping count of how many testers I've got so that it is easier to
support people and to seek opinions.

The system was originally developed in Denmark, but as partners in the
project, we are testing and developing it in a number of European
countries so as to seek opinions and feedback.

Could those of you on other techie or Braille related lists post this to
other members; specifically emphasising the importance of registering
via the given addresses.  Remember, registration doesn't commit you to
anything, but merely signifies your interest in testing the system.

Many thanks to those who have registered so far, but I am looking for
many more.

If you want to know more information then please contact me at:

ib@xxxxxxxxxx

If you want to give this a go, then please feel free to register by
using the E-mail addresses given above.

Many thanks

Ian.

iancbev@xxxxxxxxxxx