[access-uk] Re: Ripping audio

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:57:35 +0000

Hi, there's no go to submenu in Windows Media Player 11.

Kevin Lloyd wrote:
You should bear in mind what view you have open in media player.  Try this:
1.  Start media player
2.  Press alt + V to open the view menu.
3.  Press the letter G to open the go to menu
4.  Down arrow until you hear Rip and press enter to check it.
5. Now press control + tab to get to the rip button and press spacebar to start the rip 6. If you don't want all tracks, tab once more to get into the track list and use the arrow keys to move up and down the list with spacebar to check and uncheck selections. and then shift + tab to get back to the rip button to start the rip

Alternatively, if you have a lot of CD's to rip, you can set media player to automatically rip when a CD is inserted and spit it out when finished.

I'd recommend upgrading to at least version 10 of media player and would say that there probably is no more accessible all round player, ripper and burner.

Another great feature is auto playlists where you can set some criteria such as get me a random 1GB from my collection and then sync it to your zen or other portable player. It will even automatically shrink the bitrates down as it passes the music to the player leaving your original collection lossless but having your zen music reduced to 192kbps or lower if you can stand lower than that.

Regards.

Kevin