[access-uk] Rii -Mini-66 Bluetooth Keyboard

  • From: "Eleanor Martha Burke" <eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 16:05:22 +0100

Following the discussion on list yesterday introdjuced by myself and taken up by Steve, the supplier of the keyboard, I thought I would complete the story as it were and provide information on-line which was not available to me when the keyboard arrived. I think it is highly recommended that particularly in the case of a supplier who is themselves blind or visually impaired that notes are provided in an accessable format.

Here is the link to the speed dots quick start guide for the rites mini bluetooth keyboard.
Be Warned though that with this keyboard because the command key is far out you may have to use quick nav most of the time. However, be warned that because the command and option keys are so far apart and because the keyboard at times has problems when holding down three or more keys at once it is strongly recommended (by Speed Dots Review) that quic nav mode is turned on. Put another way, it is not possible simply using the standard iOS command to move from page to page, rather this has to be carried out with Quick Nav turned on. If I had been in posession of these facts at the time of my telephone purchase, I would not have purchased this keyboard as it is certainly not straightforward. In addition, the position of the arrow keys are not in an inverted T which makes it awkward for navigation and use of the roter, especially on such small keys.

http://www.speeddots.com/RiiManual.php