[access-uk] Re: Returning goods

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 13:17:43 -0000

Hi Philip.

It's a thought, isn't it?  People seem not to have much trust in a visually
impaired person's judgement.  Asking me to get sighted assistance to confirm
what I was already telling them was insulting and patronising.

I've read the Returns Policy for PC Next Day and they state that goods
should be returned un-opened!  Well, I've actually opened the boxes.  I did
not notice a small hole on the side of one of the boxes and in anycase, how
would I know that a keyboard and mouse was absent from a package?

I've contacted Consumer Direct who are referring me onto Trading Standards,
so hopefully, they will intervene in my case.

PC Next Day should have immediately offered an apology for the damaged or
missing goods and advised of a process of resolving my problem.  However,
almost immediately, they were on the defensive.

I don't have any trust in them now and I'm certainly not convinced that if I
was to come across any further problems with my new computer, that they
would respond quickly or indeed sensitively.

So now starts a long protracted fight to get my money back and the search
for a new computer continues.  What a pain.  Just because I did not fancy
going to PC World again.  Perhaps I should have.

Best wishes.
Andy