[access-uk] Returning goods

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:24:03 -0000

Hi all.

I'm currently having a hard time with PC Next Day concerning my new Zoostorm
computer which arrived today.  The computer was shipped with no keyboard or
mouse and the sub of the 2.1 speaker system has a big hole in it.  In
addition, my copy of Microsoft Office which I also purchased was not in the
box either.

I immediately wrote to them and they sent me back a message asking questions
about damage to the boxes, evidence of tampering, did the driver explain
that the items were damaged and so on.

Well I answered the questions the best I could though added that because of
my blindness, I could not be sure if there was any tampering with the boxes.
They wrote back asking for me to get sighted assistance, implying that
perhaps I just couldn't see the keyboard, mouse and copy of Microsoft
Office.

My wife has written to them this evening confirming everything I have
already told them.  So now I need to wait till tomorrow to find out when
they are  going to do something about this.

My wife advised me this evening that if was still unhappy with their
response, then I should simply return the goods.  She added that anyone can
return goods and get their money back, unless 7 days have passed.

Can anyone please confirm this please.

Not that I'm wanting to return the Zoostorm, but being able to do so will
give me a bit more confidence when talking to them
tomorrow.

Best wishes.
Andy