[access-uk] Re: Resetting JAWS

  • From: Amro Bilal <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 19:53:27 +0100

Many thanks for this, David. I've just done that but unfortunately it didn't sort out the issue I'm having. Oh well, it looks I'll have to try the reinstall root.

On 25/06/2016 6:46 PM, David Griffith wrote:

From memory you used to be able to do this simply by deleting the settings files in the Jaws settings folder. the folder is under Users your name roaming Freedom Scientific and Jaws and then Settings.

Jaws will then recreate default settings files when you restart Jaws. However as I have not done this for some years it might be worht checking this is still the procedure by doing a bit of research on google.

David Griffith

David Griffith

On 25/06/2016 17:21, Amro Bilal wrote:

Hi all, if I uninstall JAWS with all shared settings and then reinstall it, would I lose my authorisation key? I'd like to reinstall JAWS to reset it to factory settings including getting red of all scripts and such. Is there a better way of doing this rather than uninstalling it?

--
Kind regards,
Amro Bilal

--