[access-uk] Re: Repairing PC's

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:04:38 -0000

Oh yes indeed Chris I am afraid that would be their price. Nothing cheap nowadays and I am talking from the perspective of a consumer. Maybe the business people on the list will have a comment. You could do a survey, phone around to a few computer companies that do repairs and ask them for an estimate. Business is cut-throat and very competative. Have you ever had to call an emergency plummer or electrician out? You could ask them for a breakdown. There will be the time the person spent looking at it, probably a few minutes only to ascertain the problem but they will have a fixed charge for a given period of time, maybe even an hour. I don't know. I joined this list for one very goood reason to seek support and in particular in relation to my Braille Blazer which thanks to George and Kevin is now working fantastically. I sent it back to the company that supplied it only to have it returned and informed that it is in perfect working order. I had a few options, one of these was to disgard it or another see what help I could get. I asked the company if perhaps someone could come out and at my computer they could really establish whether or not it worked. I was told this would be possible at a call-out charge of five hundred, yes five hundred pounds!!!! Business is business and those in business on the list know that only too well, yet in order to save me such expense I was offered the very support I needed and it worked. I will be interested to hear other people's responses to your query Chris.

Eleanor - I would use a moticon but what's the point, it would only read out as punctuation!!! now smile. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>