[access-uk] Re: Repairing Outlook Express

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:16:19 +0100

What I would try is first copy all the dbx files to a backup place. Then delete all of them (OE does create them again if they've been deleted). Then try and run OE. If it runs, and she had her settings so that mail remained on the server then it should all be downloaded again. If not, you can gradually reintroduce the dbx files you copied, folder by folder (quit OE, copy a file, start OE, redo this for each folder). Don't copy back the old copy of folders.dbx as this is the file OE uses to keep information about all the other folders, and if the problem/corruption was in there in the first place you don't want to reintroduce it. OE will create a new folders.dbx file itself.

Catherine
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>