[access-uk] Repair of IE

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:51:13 +0100

Hi

We have a machine here at home with Windows Vista installed.  However quite
recently every time any executable file is launched, such as to install an
application, a message appears saying "Internet Explorer has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We will let you know if there is a solution to the
problem" which of course it does not.

I have looked on Google for a remedy and it appears that some people do have a
similar problem but whatever suggestions are given do not appear to resolve
this.

I can easily rebuild the machine which will take a couple of hours. But if I
install SP1 am I likely to get the same problems with Vista Pro SP1?  Has
anyone experienced this please?  Is there a way of repairing IE7 with Vista to
see if that solves the issue?

Thanks.

Brian Hartgen