[access-uk] Re: Redacted

  • From: <Clive.Lever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:20:23 +0000

Thanks George,

I don’t think I explained myself very well. I know what the meaning of the word
redact is, but was wondering what the setting was on this list, which causes
emails to be ‘redacted’ automatically. Some time in some emails to lists, you
see the words ‘Bulk’, ‘possible spam’, and so on, added to email subject lines
by the system itself. So far, I’ve only ever seen ‘(redacted)’ added to subject
lines on this list. I assumed that Freelist is doing something clever behind
the scenes which other lists may not do, so I wondered what it was.

Best,
Clive