[access-uk] Recording phone conversations

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:16:49 +0100

Marie

Have you thought about installing the Extended Recorder from the free

Premium Bonus Package which is available as an extra

with talx, downloadable from the Nuance site. It is easy to use and you can

record both incoming and outgoing calls. I have pasted an excerpt from the

manual below.

Peter Bentley

1.1.1. Record an outgoing call

Extended Recorder offers a very simple way to record an outgoing call. Just

select "Record call" from the Options menu and you will land on the main

phone screen. Type a phone number to call, or select a number to call from

the contacts list. When done with the call, you will be returned to Extended

Recorder, and can playback the recording, or rename or delete it.

Please note that you should not issue any TALKS commands when recording a

call, since this would stop the recording.

1.1.2. Record incoming calls

In Options / Settings, you will find "Incoming calls", which is normally set

to "Off". You can set this to "Listen", then you can close the settings.

Now, the right display key in the main dialogue of Extended Recorder is

called "Listen". Pressing this key will return to the previously focussed

screen, just like closing Extended Recorder would have done as well.

When the next incoming call has been terminated, you will be returned to

Extended Recorder, and you can play the sound file for that call. To record

the next incoming call, you can just press the right display key ("Listen")

again. To close Extended Recorder, you simply press the left display key

("Options"), then select "Exit".

The "Record incoming calls" options will be reset to "Off" whenever you

close Extended Recorder.