[access-uk] Re: Recording from external source using Goldwave

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 23:17:04 +0100

Hi Jim.

Although i do not use gold wave, i have used other solutions. i have found that the best way is to set your recording device in control panel, set the same one in gold wave, then listen to the recording device in winamp. you will need the winamp light media player and a plugin called line in. this plug in allows you to listen to your default recording device in winamp while you are recording allowing you to hear the output. do you have winamp? if not i can send you winamp and the plug in.

all the best,

Mo.

On 19/06/2012 23:05, Jim Williams wrote:
Hi Folks,

Using Goldwave 5.67, Soundblaster Live 5.1, JAWS 13 and XP

I'm trying to record tracks from my cassette collection to
put onto an MP3 player, hopefully in time for my holiday
next week.

I can record the tracks ok, but I cannot listen to the track
playing, in order to monitor start and finish of each track,
as I record.

Earlier on in this attempt I was able to hear the track as
it played but even though the sound was playing the supposed
recorded track was empty., ie I had 2.40 minutes of silence.

If anyone can give me clearstep by step instructions and
confirm what my record, playback and device settings should
be, I'd be very grateful.

Jim Williams